What are your missed or cancelled appointment policies?
Clients are able to cancel or reschedule appointments at anytime with a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to the appointment time. If you cancel and reschedule more than a couple times you may be asked to provide payment to secure your spot!!
What is Powder Ombre?
Powder Ombre’ is done with a permanent makeup pen/machine. This look goes from light and soft at the bulb of the brow and gradually darkens towards the tail. Using the pen makes the powder look super even using shading techniques. We achieve an ombre’ affect using pigment colors to build the brow color to give that soft powdery look. Clients that have full amount of hair that simply want definition, or that prefer a natural makeup look will like this powder affect. Powder ombre’ lasts 2-2.5 years with suggested annual color boost.
How long does it last?
Clients skin type and lifestyle play a HUGE role when it comes to longevity of treatment. Typically Mircroblading can last 1-2 years (skin type plays a huge role) powder ombre can last 2-3 years. All permanent makeup is suggested to have a yearly touch ups (between 12-18 months) to refresh color.
How often will I need a touch up
Since my clients most likely wont have previous pigment on their skin, a touch up or color boost is suggested and included with the first appointment. After your initial appointment it is highly suggested to have them touched up every year (between 12-18 months after your initial appointment). If you choose not to touch them up yearly, after 2 years its considered a full session.
How long is my first brow session?
Having permanet makeup done takes about 2.5- 3 hours sometimes a little longer. Touch ups take around half the time depending on retention and how much we added. Please give yourself the FULL amount of time. i do not rush my appointments at ANY cost so please do me a favour and block out the proper amount of time for treatment!
Can I have microblading or powder brows done if I have permanent makeup done already?
This depends completely on the client, if you have faded permanent makeup then microblading can be performed over the top. If it is dark and crisp permanent makeup it may need to be faded or removed to have anything over the top show up. If you want to see if your eligible, email me with a picture of your permanent makeup and when you had it done.
Who IS/ISNT a candidate for permanent makeup?
* Someone that wants the convenience of not filling in their brows with makeup
* Someone that wants help with shaping and wants their shaping to stay perfected
* Someone with Sparse brows
* Someone with Areas of the brows that will not grow back due to alopecia or damaged follicles
* Active people that are swimming, hiking, outdoorsy etc. and need the convenience of having them done for you and not wiping off throughout the day
* Moms, that don't have time to put makeup on in the morning.
How long do they take to heal?
DAY 1 ** Wash them 2x Day for the next 5 days, wash them with as warm of water as you can handle.Once in the morning and once before bed! Washing them removes lymph and granulated tissue which hardens scabbing, we want to get the lymph and tissue off the brow area to heal properly.
wash the brow area 30-40 min after appointment to remove sealant.wash for 10 seconds pat dry and use the healing ointment I provide on them each time.
DAY 2-10 Continue using healing ointment I provide on the brow area once or twice a day (more than twice if you feel the need for comfort on your brows) If you are oily than continue to wash once or twice a day (morning/night)
* No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
* Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for at least 4 days
* Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
* Avoid long hot showers for the first 10 days.
* Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days
* Avoid swimming, lakes, hot tubs for the first 10 days
* Avoid topical makeup including sunscreen on the area for 10 days
What is the pre-treatment preparation?
(blood thinners cause bleeding, swelling, hypersensitivity, slows healing)
* Avoid soda/ energy drinks/ coffee day of appt
* Avoid alcohol 24-48 hours prior
* Avoid fish oil & vitamin E (natural blood thinner) for one week prior to appt
* Avoid Aspirin or ibuprofen day of appt
* Avoid exercise and massage (circulates blood) day of appt and a few days after!
* Avoid exfoliation and anti-aging or acne treatments on area, peel (may thin the skin)
* Do not tan or have a sun burned face two weeks prior to appt
* Do not pick, tweeze, perform electrolisis two weeks prior
* Do not wax or tint for 3 days prior
* Please make sure to eat breakfast and/or lunch before appointment.
Do I need to shave my brows? Or wax them prior too?
Will it ruin the brow hair I currently have?
Brow hair (hair in general) the follicle is in the dermis, microblading and powdered Ombre we are putting pigment in the upper layers of your epidermis and not harming your follicle, you shouldnt have any damage to any brow hair.
Can you have permanent makeup done while pregnant or breastfeeding?
If a client is pregnant or breastfeeding they are not eligible for permanent makeup.
Are there any guarantees?
What is Hybrid Brows??
Hybrid brows is a combination of Hairstrokes done by machine or hand tool and ombre shading to create fluff in the front and definition throughout the rest of the brow.
What can i do to prepare??
Please refer to Powdered Ombre FAQ as all other aspects of the hybrid are the same as ombre :)
What is Henna?
Henna brows are a form of eyebrow tinting that is used to stain the skin beneath the brow hairs. ... Henna is a natural dye made from a plant known as hina or the henna tree. Henna has been around since ancient Egyptian times when it was used for many purposes such as dyeing hair, clothes, fabrics and as make up.
How Long does it last?
Henna can stain the skin from 5-10 days and the hair up to 6 weeks.
• Very dry skin
• Very oily skin
• Not following aftercare
Are you a candidate?
The treatment CANNOT be performed on clients who:
• Have a positive reaction to a patch test for any of the steps in the Brow Henna treatment
• Chemotherapy (current cancer treatment)
• Skin Disease, skin trauma, cuts, abrasions, burns and swelling in the immediate area
• Skin Disorders in the general eye area such as dermatitis
• Eye infections such as conjunctivitis
• Recent operations around eyes, head or face in immediate areas
• Hypersensitive skin/eyes
• Recent tattoo, micro blading or feather touch brow design work (ensure all work is healed before proceeding and has been cleared for treatment by the technician)
• Botox and dermal fillers (ensure clearance for the treatment by the administrator)
• Previous reactions to Henna treatments either on the skin, hair/scalp or face
What is the aftercare for Henna Brows?
- Do NOT get area wet for the first 24 hours
- Do NOT rub the treated area
- Avoid heat treatments for 24 hours
- Do NOT apply brow makeup for at least 24 hours (let the henna oxidise)
- Avoid sunbathing (or beds) at least 24 hours (this will accelerate your fading)
- Avoid swimming and saunas/steam rooms for 24 hours after your treatment
- Avoid perfumed products for at least 24 hours after your treatment
- PLEASE NOTE * oil based makeup remover can cause the tint to fade quicker
What is Nano Brows?
Nano-Brows are created with an ultra fine needle and machine to implant pigment. Hair strokes and combined powdered brows can be achieved with this method. Results are more natural looking hair strokes than microblading and can also last longer . Less invasive than microblading as you are not slicing the skin.
Can i get Nano brows over old microblading?
In most cases i do have to see your previous work to decide if the area is workable to design my own template. sometimes removal maybe needed to lighten the old brow work. Most previoue work must be faded by 75%
Who is NOT a candidate for permanent makeup?
Candidates who are seeking permanent makeup and who may be contraindicated include: *people with diabetes
Does it hurt more than microblading?
In my experiences with clients they have said that they prefer this method and barely feel the needle. I do use numbing agents as well throughout treatment to keep you comfortable!
What if i do not like the shape?
I pre-draw all of my brows befor starting! You approve and sign off on shape and colour prior to the treatment. If we finish treatment and you change your mind that is on YOU. Any and all removal done afterward if you choose will be charged in full. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS
How long does it take?
All permanent treatments can take up to 3 hours (sometimes more) so make sure you have given yourself enough time in your schedule to let me do my thang :)